A successful commercial leasing practice involves all facets of a transaction, beginning with the letter of intent. Our attorneys have the experience to handle negotiating, among other things, letters of intent, brokerage agreements, property management agreements, early access letters, construction contracts and leases from both the landlord and tenant perspective. Our lending experience makes us expert in leasehold financing provisions, as well as lender requirements for office leases. Our practice is national in scope and includes all types of shopping center leasing, office leasing and warehouse and industrial transactions, including, without limitation, ground lease and sale/leaseback transactions, where we have represented the tenants and landlords.
We have substantial experience in the areas of operating and tax excalation clauses (including “exclusions and inclusions”) “good guy” and limited guaranties. transfers and services.
- New York City lease for space to a national communications company, involving studios, production facilities, office space and studio support facilities and comprising more than 1,200,000 square feet.
- Represent the owner and broker of a prominent enclosed mall in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. in connection with all leasing matters, including evaluation of the center’s form lease, license and related agreements as well as negotiation of all national and local tenant leases.
- Represented a purchaser in negotiation, due diligence and acquisition of long term master leases in several New York City cooperative buildings, including a leasehold mortgage financing transaction with an institutional lender which was used to acquire the leases.
- A long-term lease for an internet company for 50,000 square feet of office space in Brooklyn, New York.
- Ground lease for the construction of a new hospice facility in New Jersey which addressed complex pricing issues, land use and development rights and easement issues related to adjoining commercial condominium and hospital.
- Leasing of a strip shopping center in White Plains, NY owned and operated by a local family.
- 80,000 square foot redevelopment lease and associated renovation for a major supermarket chain in a well-known Westchester strip center.
- 300,000 square foot office lease in mid-town New York City for an international law firm.
- 70,000 square feet office lease on behalf of an institutional landlord in its “Class A” office building in mid-town Manhattan adverse to a Fortune 10 Company for its headquarters in Rockefeller Center.
- Represented a major global advertising firm in the execution of a Management Services Agreement with an international professional services firm, for the management of the client's owned and leased properties in the United States and abroad.