Fred D. Weinstein
Mr. Weinstein is a partner of Kurzman Eisenberg Corbin & Lever, LLP and chairs the Firm's litigation department. He has extensive experience litigating complex commercial disputes in federal and state courts and in arbitrations. Mr. Weinstein has represented shareholders in both closely held and publicly traded corporations, defended companies against claims of employment discrimination and defended majority members of limited liability companies against claims of malfeasance. Mr. Weinstein has also litigated many probate contests and accounting proceedings throughout the metropolitan area. Additionally, he has represented real estate developers and owners in a wide variety of disputes relating to both commercial real estate and the development of residential real estate.
Mr. Weinstein has served as Village Justice in Briarcliff Manor, N.Y. since July 1995 and was a past President of the Westchester County Magistrates Association. He has lectured on numerous subjects at biannual Continuing Judicial Education Programs conducted for the benefit of local judges throughout the 9th Judicial District.
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester County Magistrates Association
- Conroy v. The Dannon Company, Inc., motion to dismiss, 7:12-cv-06901, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Matter of Jamaica Acquisition Inc. v. Shea, 2009 NY Slip Op 52046U; 2009 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 2773
- AHT Corp. v. Moses (In re AHT Corp.), 123 Fed. Appx. 17; 2005 U.S. App. LEXIS 1813 (2nd Circuit 2003)
- Whalen v. Whalen's Moving & Storage Co., 234 A.D.2d 552; 651 N.Y.S.2d 579 (2nd Dept. 1996)
- Noufrios v. Murat, 193 A.D.2d 791; 598 N.Y.S.2d 82 (2nd Dept 1993)
- Century 21, Inc. v. F.W. Woolworth Co., 181 A.D 2d 620; 582 NYS 2d 101 (1st. Dept., 1992)
- Schuman v. Strauss, 139 A.D. 2d 502; 527 NYS 2d 247 appeal den 72 NY 2d 804; 532 NYS 2d 369; 528 N.E. 2d 521 (1st Dept. 1988)
- Fraiman v. Abrams, 146 Misc 2d. 200; 549 NYS 2d 915 (1989)
- Weinstein v. Hohenstein, 69 NY 2d 1016; 517 NYS 2d 907; 511 N.E. 2d 51 (1987)