Mr. Berg is a partner in the real estate department of Kurzman Eisenberg Corbin & Lever, LLP. Mr. Berg's practice focuses on transactional real estate work including the acquisition, leasing, development, financing of commercial and multifamily housing, construction contracts and loan portfolio acquisitions, as well as the representation of numerous cooperative apartment corporations and condominium associations throughout the Metropolitan area. In addition, Mr. Berg has substantial experience in all aspects of real estate litigation, including complex landlord-tenant disputes, commercial mortgage foreclosure actions, land valuations, mechanic lien litigation and construction related disputes.
Prior to joining Kurzman Eisenberg Corbin & Lever LLP, Mr. Berg was a partner in the real estate group of Brown Raysman Millsetin Felder & Steiner, LLP and Baer Marks & Upham.
- N.Y.S. Bar Association 2007-2009
- Real Property Section
- New York State Bar Association
Recent Significant Transaction
- 2010. $4.5M loan with Texas Capital Bank, N.A. on shopping center in Fort Worth, TX.
- 2010. Sublease for an 18,000 sq. ft. health club in mid -town NYC
- 2009. Acquisition of Shopping Center for $7M in Fort Worth, TX from Centro Properties (Australian developer) and 2010 financing from regional bank
- 2009. Acquisition of Shopping Center for $12M in Albuquerque, NM from Centro Excelsior 57th Corp. v. Kern & Shapiro (ground lease valuation proceeding)
- 2009. $10M loan between Bank Leumi and our client, secured by membership interest in development properties
- 2009. $200M loan modification between Bank Hapoalim and our client, international real estate developer
- 2009. Staples lease in Quakertown, PA.
- 2009. Madison Ave. retail lease for national health food concept
- 2008. Ground lease of gas station site in Riverdale, NY to TD Bank North
- 2008. 40,000 sq ft Office lease in Greenwich, CT.
- 2008. Acquisition of assemblage site (former driving range and adjacent parcels) in Union NJ for $12M and joint venture with REIT
- 2008. Best Buy lease in Quakertown, PA.